If you believe that your opportunity fits our investment profile, please submit a written business plan. Please keep in mind our target investment areas and investment size when considering whether it makes sense to send us your plan.
A good business plan should include at least the following elements:
We appreciate business plans that fully address the above items but do so in a clear and concise way rather than in overly lengthy, repetitive documents. We also prefer plans that are supported by facts, data, and analysis rather than sales-oriented fund raising documents.
- A description of the company’s product or service.
- An analysis of the market, including a discussion of market needs, market size, and anticipated future market trends.
- A thorough analysis of the competition, including current and projected future product offerings, comparison with the company’s products, and an explanation of the company’s competitive advantages and why they will be sustainable.
- A history of the company including information on previous rounds of financing.
- Background of the management team. Please send full resumes rather than summary bios.
- Current financial statements and projections, including a written explanation of the key assumptions used in preparing the projections.
- The amount and type of investment being sought along with an indication of the company’s expectations regarding valuation.
We respond to all plans that we receive, but please keep in mind that we receive many plans, and it may take us 2-3 weeks to get back to you.
As a matter of policy, we do not sign non-disclosure agreements. However, please be assured that we will treat your information with the same care that we would treat our own confidential information.
In general, we prefer to receive documents electronically, but if you prefer to submit a written plan, please send it to our Wayne office and mark it “business plan submittal.”
Home | Our Philosophy | Our Investment Strategy and Focus Areas | The SCP Team
Our Portfolio | SCP News | Contact Us | LP Login | Submit a Business Plan
© 2007 SCP Partners. All Rights Reserved.
Click Here to submit a|